Thursday, July 10, 2008

Life-Lessons

I've been slowly working on breaking out of the stranglehold of the writer's block. I've had a couple ideas that I'm working on, but so far nothing is manifesting itself as being a "YES!" idea. Maybe a little more exploration is needed.

I was talking to a friend of mine today (not so much a friend, yet, as an acquaintance). He was telling me about growing up, and how he used to do drugs and drink and such. He seemed somewhat regretful about it. He looked like he was trying to downplay it, too. I tend to read too much into expressions, but his "I've done so much crack that I can't remember nothin'. I even forget my girlfriend's name sometimes" seemed heartfelt. He got a distant look in his eyes. Anyway, it made me realize the importance of talking to people. Now, I'm not a people person, generally speaking, and I don't like to talk too much to the same person about absolutely nothing. But I love to talk to strangers about anything. They're usually so interesting. I love trying to imagine life from behind their eyes. I wonder what they see, how everything looks to them, how their mind works, and how they see me (Does that make me self centered? I think not). Sometimes I get lost in staring into their eyes and trying to imagine it that they look at me like I suddenly sprouted a third eye on the end of my nose.

Enough of that. I don't want people thinking I'm crazy, now, do I?

Ciao,
Ada

No comments: